Tree Town Pediatric Dentistry, as well as the the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), the American Dental Association (ADA), and the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry (AAPD) all recommend establishing a "Dental Home" for your child by one year of age. Children who have a dental home are more likely to receive appropriate preventive and routine oral health care.
Your child’s first visit with us is all about you child’s comfort, happiness, and dental health. Our entire team strives to make the first visit to the dentist enjoyable and positive. If old enough, your child should be informed of the visit and told that the dentist and their staff will explain all procedures and answer any questions.
Your child’s first visit with Tree Town Pediatric Dentistry typically involves:
- A review of your child’s medical history and registration forms and a discussion with you about concerns you may have about your child’s oral health and development
- Cleaning and polishing of your child’s teeth by a dental hygienist with specialized experience with children
- A discussion with you about indicated X-rays of your child’s teeth
- A complete dental examination by our pediatric dentists to evaluate for any signs of tooth decay and proper eruption of primary and permanent teeth.
- Application of a topical fluoride to strengthen the enamel and help prevent dental decay.
- A discussion with you regarding any recommended treatment, alternatives to the recommended treatment, and the risks and benefits of any recommended dental care, as well as preventive recommendations on how to keep your child’s teeth healthy.
Our focus on individualized patient care, in-depth communication, and prevention is what sets us apart. We hope that after your child’s first visit you will have a full understanding of any recommended dental care and be armed with preventive strategies to help your child grow with a healthy smile. We also hope your child will begin a positive relationship with our practice and begin a lifetime of happy, healthy trips to the dentist.